I am currently OPEN for review requests/pitches for SPRING releases.
What Your Requests HAVE TO include:
- Genre, length, blurb, as well as the obvious title and author.
- Please mention any sensitive topics that will be in your book, such as: rape, mental illnesses, suicide, gore, etc.
- LGBT+, POC, disability, or neurodiversity representation within the book or as the author. Please mention specifically who/what/how whatever is represented when pitching your book.
Other details to consider:
I’ll be willing to take .pdf, word docs, or physical copy. Physical copies will be accepted on a case by case basis, preferably from author’s I’m familiar with or from publishers. If the book is on NetGalley, I also review through there.
I am always looking to help promote novels outside of the Big 5 and am actively searching for marginalized self-published/indie authors to promote.
Short Stories, Novellas, etc.
Yes, I do review short stories and novellas. If you are inquiring for one of these, please mention what it is. Otherwise, all of the other requirements and info still apply.
- Fantasy (Epic/High/Low)
- Science-Fiction (Dystopia/Space Opera/etc.)
I will consider these genres if they focus on marginalized characters and/or authors:
** I personally do not care if the novel is Childrens/Middle Grade/Young Adult/New Adult/Adult. I just care if it has decent characters/writing/plot.
Giveaways, Q&A’s, guest posts, cover reveals?
If approached, yes. Prizes for giveaways must be provided, and Guest Posts must have a set topic before being agreed upon. I would also be honored to do a cover reveal-while I would prefer it to be exclusive, I don’t mind either way.
If I drop/DNF your book?
If I was more than 50% through, I will still review it, and have the review published. If I stopped before the 50% mark, then I will email an apology, with a short review of what I didn’t enjoy.
After it is confirmed that I will be reviewing your book, that means you realize:
- I am not guaranteed to like your book, as I can be quite picky. My reviews are 100% honest. Note what I’m looking for through any of my linked social media, namely Twitter or Goodreads.
- I may or may not be harsh sometimes. If I get offended for one reason or another, I will take up the entire review about it, or DNF it.
- If I am not interested, I will respond politely denying the request. Just because it follows all of my rules, does not mean I will accept it.
- While the review is published immediately on Goodreads and Readfeed after finishing, it might take some time for it to be published on this blog. If it is an ARC (advanced reader copy) then I will try to have it published at least two weeks before the release date. That, however, depends on when I get it related to the release date. If it’s not an ARC, then it will be scheduled as soon as possible.
Any requests can be sent to: email@example.com
Here is my rating system for reference. Be aware that I don’t give out 5 stars lightly, and I usually have to be blown away to give a book that rating.
★★★★★ (5 stars) – I loved this book! Probably one of my new favorites, I’ll probably buy my own copy of this book and gush about it to all of my friends and through my social media.
★★★★✰ (4 stars) – I enjoyed this book. Amazing, recommended, but something probably got on my nerves or I noticed something that I wasn’t a big fan of.
★★★✰✰ (3 stars) – I liked this book. It was okay, but there was something that bothered me all throughout this novel.
★★✰✰✰ (2 stars) – I did not enjoy this book. Something major really annoyed me, and I may or may not have found the book offensive.
★✰✰✰✰ (1 star) – I dislike this book. May or may not have DNF’d this book, probably found something offensive, stereotypical, and trope-filled.
this was updated as of: 04/15/17